On the idea of what a clean, useful, and simple project description page should look like: I was giving this a bit of thought last night and thought I’d share what I came up with. Perhaps some recommendations can improve the list? 🙂
Here’s what I think a project page should have:
- Description and lots of images. People love images.
- History. Why was it conceived of? What led up to its beginning?
- Purpose. What does it aim to accomplish?
- Technical details. Language, development time, RCS, etc.
- Changelog and version history. Be brief, but a lot of folks find it useful to know why a new version was released.
This is just version 1, of course. I’m sure improvements will come soon.